Henry’s Handmade Soap is an Irish made soap from Co Clare. It is SLES free and very gentle with excellent skin conditioning properties.
It’s inspiration was the result of a trip to London from which I returned loaded with handmade soaps as presents. They were such a hit, and so often commented on that I decided to look into making them myself – leading eventually to Henry’s Handmade Soap.
Many people (myself included) have very sensitive skin which is often irritated by mass produced soap and detergents, and with this in mind I set about developing a soap which, above all, would be gentle on the skin. The base oils are Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, and Avocado Oil and a slight surplus is used in the soap’s manufacture to act as a conditioner. To this end, avocado oil is used specifically for its conditioning and healing properties. The result is a soap which produces a rich creamy lather, and above all moisturizes and conditions the skin. The bars are subtly scented with high quality fragrance oils and tastefully packaged.
- Glass on Metal, Dunguaire Castle, Kinvara, Co Galway
- The Cliffs of Moher, Liscannor, Co Clare
- Design Lodge, Lahinch, Co Clare
- The Ennis Bookshop, Abbey St, Ennis, Co Clare
- All of our soaps can be purchased online by visiting the Soap Shop. There’s a minimum order of two soaps.